The purpose of this position is to support women to build safe, independent lives free from domestic violence, increasing the housing stability and safety of women and their children through case management, advocacy and Court support.
- Work with a range of designated clients to provide support including safety planning, improving home security, advocacy for housing stability assistance in managing finances, and referrals for children and young people to access wrap around services. The number of clients will depend on complexity and nature of service.
- Engage clientsssessment and risk minimisation processes.
- Work with clients to undertake comprehensive assessments to develop, implement, monitor and review their client plan and outcomes that identify strengths as well as areas of risk, ensuring clients are actively engaged in the process.
- Ensure client plans are shared openly with clients, and where applicable, other agencies.
- Coordinate with other service providers including government departments and agencies, notably women’s domestic violence court advocacy services, police, Centrelink and housing services.
- Assist clients to engage with wrap around services directly, as appropriate.
- Attend review meetings, case conferences, worker meetings and consultation meetings and ensure appropriate documentation is kept.
- Support the team to provide a better service to our clients and understand their complex needs through coaching, information sharing and informal learning.
- Coach, advise and provide on the job support to Child & Family Practitioners, Counsellors and Support Workers to better understand and apply strengths based frameworks as related to domestic violence prevention.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.
For Further information regarding this role please call Robyn ODell - 0447 539 735