Women deserve to heal from trauma particularly domestic violence and be empowered to make positive safe and informed choices.
Your new role:
You will support women and their children to overcome the effects of trauma, domestic violence, sexual assault, grief and loss and other women’s health issues. Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will undertake an initial assessment; provide high quality counselling, psychotherapy, case management, and therapeutic group work.
We use a trauma informed, strengths based approach and an integrated, wrap around service model.
Terms: Part Time position (30 hours per week) role based in our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown
The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
What you need to succeed?
- You will have at least 3 years experience working with families who have experienced domestic violence and trauma in a counselling setting.
- You will have a strong understanding of attachment and the impacts of adversity on children’s developmental outcomes
- A trauma informed strengths based approach to working with clients
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way
- Relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in counselling, art therapy, social work or other related discipline.
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Michelle on 0411547738 to discuss the role in more detail.
We respect and promote human rights and diversity and are committed to building an inclusive culture.We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).