More than 75 per cent of mental health issues develop before a person turns 25, headspace began in 2006 to address the unique barriers young people face by providing tailored and holistic mental health support to 12 - 25 year olds. With a focus on early intervention, we work with young people to provide support at a crucial time in their lives – to help get them back on track and strengthen their ability to manage their mental health in the future.
Your new role
As our Administration Officer, you will provide administrative support to staff and visitors in Liverpool to support the smooth and efficient operation of our services.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Answering calls, booking appointments, managing clinicians diaries, answering general enquiries, scanning bulk-billing Medicare
- Liaising with GPs, Paediatricians, Schools and other referrers
- Managing the day to day running of the office, greeting clients and ensuring a smooth flow of business
- Actively participating in the planning and growth of the organisation as part of a close knit team
- Data entry
- Daily use of Excel and Microsoft
- Maintenance of reception area, waiting room and consultation rooms
Terms: Part-time 12 month contract based in Liverpool, NSW.
Prior medical receptionist experience is not vital, however you must have great people skills, computer skills, confidence, be a fast learner and able to work independently.
Basic knowledge of Medicare Bulk-Bill Scheme is preferred but not necessary, on-site training will be provided.
The position is part time and we are seeking someone to start mid-December 2020.
Call Lena Tooma on 0401 675 550 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 27/11/2020.
The successful applicant will be required to have a valid NSW Working With Children Check and Criminal Record Check.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).