Make a difference to young people, join one of Australia’s newest and most innovative Not for Profits.
headspace Liverpool is looking for a youth oriented and community focused General Practitioner to join them at their modern site centrally located in Macquarie Street Liverpool. You will work with the multidisciplinary team on site to provide early intervention treatment in mental health and related problems in young people aged 12 - 25 years and their families.
headspace Liverpool provides fully integrated primary health care services for young people in one ‘youth friendly’ environment. We are a partnership of local health and community service organisations provided as a consortium with The Benevolent Society as its lead agency.
You will be making a major contribution to improving the mental health and wellbeing of young people. You will avail of extended consultation time and leveraging the other multidisciplinary expertise available on site to achieve great health outcomes for patients
- Flexible working hours;
- Full administration support including reception, billings & appointment bookings;
- Fully computerised medical software with IT support;
- National Collaborative online learning tools (CLN) with National Clinical team support;
- Multi-disciplinary team focus with support from on-site psychologists, social workers, drug and alcohol counsellors, employment consultants, youth workers and partnership organisations
- Fully managed case co-ordination along with regular multi-disciplinary case reviews.
- Successful Applicants will be paid a Sessional Rate
What do we need from you?
- An interest in mental health (particularly early intervention);
- A commitment of at least one session per week;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of young people;
- To provide a full range of health services including sexual and reproductive health, chronic health management and general health checks.
For more ideas on what it is like to be a headspace GP please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BDfoSFdFos
Interested? Apply online below!
For more information about this opportunity please call Vikki Radford on 02 8785 3200
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).