- Turn disability into ability to enable children and adults to participate fully in life
- Gain exposure to more challenging work
- We use technology to connect our Psych & Behaviour Support team across geographies
We’re keen to hear from people who see the ability not the disability. People with determination and grit who can flex their approach as they expertly navigate the ins and outs of the NDIS system without compromising on client service.
Your new role
You will support children and adults to participate fully in life by providing high quality, culturally appropriate psychological interventions, often in relation to complex or challenging behaviour. You will provide assessment, individual psychological therapy and behaviour support in line with the person’s NDIS plan.
Terms: Part-time (0.4) role based in East Maitland
You will have a degree qualification in Psychology recognised by the national professional association and have:
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism
- Experience with intellectual disability and the capacity to adapt evidence based treatments to suit individual needs of the person
- Current driver's licence and willingness/ability to travel to clients where required
- Experience conducting a functional assessment of behaviour and developing individualised plans to provide guidance to families and service providers is highly desirable
These roles are paid above the Health Professionals Award. Our benefits include:
- Salary packaging, meal & entertainment cards
- Flexible work arrangements
- Novated leases & pool cars available
- Accrued days off
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Be the change. Are you ready to be there for when it counts? Apply online now!
For urgent enquiries only, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No applications will be accepted via this email address.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).