We support people with a disability to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
Your new role
You will support children and adults to participate fully in life by enhancing independent living skills, their capacity and ability to participate in the community. We provide services in line with individual NDIS plans and your role is responsible for assessment, planning, facilitating, monitoring and review of client outcomes.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team based in Nerang and Coolangatta. We deliver services across the Gold Coast and use technology to connect our Occupational Therapy team.
This opportunity could suit an experienced OT or a recent graduate; we will provide you with practice support and supervision suitable to your experience and skills.
Terms: Ongoing full-time role based in Nerang & Coolangatta
You will be a qualified Occupational Therapist, registered with AHPRA and have:
- Experience supporting children and adults with fine and gross motor skills
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Work within a client centric approach while maintaining a positive mindset
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and connect to peers using technology
- Current driver's licence and willingness to travel to clients
- Salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- Novated leases
- Ability to purchase leave
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you):
- We're a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation
- We've been helping Australians for over 200 years
- We have the largest clinical services team in NSW
Be the change. Together we can create a just society for all Australians. Will you help us to shape the next chapter? Call Andrew Weir on 0401 676 287 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 25 June 2019.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).