Our Resilient Families Program provides intensive family support within the Child Protection system to strengthen families and decrease risks to children, thus reducing the numbers of children entering Out of Home Care.
As a Senior Social Worker/Case Worker, you will provide intensive support to families enabling children to live safely at home where there are significant complex vulnerabilities. You will provide intensive case management including in-home practical and therapeutic support from an evidence informed, Resilience led approach. You will improve children’s wellbeing by strengthening family functioning and relationships.
Terms: Maximum term full time position available at Liverpool.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- We connect you with your peers & the greater organisation via technology
- Novated leases & pool cars available
You will have a degree qualification, at least 3 years experience in the Child Protection system and:
- Ability to actively engage high needs families using client-centered, strengths based approaches
- Understanding of current evidence based practice and intervention approaches for families and children
- An interest and/or experience in male inclusive practice
- Ability to work autonomously with families where various psychosocial issues are present
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working with the local Aboriginal communities
- Comfortable working in Evidence Informed Practice with a outcomes focus
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
The Benevolent Society is one of the first organisations in Australia to use a social benefit bond to fund intensive, in-home family support to families. We have much to celebrate about that time and are excited to be starting the next chapter of Resilient Families.
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Glenys Kohunui on 0421 135 877 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 16 December 2018
Internally this role is called a Senior Child & Family Practitioner.
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).