Childhood is precious. Growing up surrounded by risk of significant harm can seriously impact a child’s future. Our Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare, is a new, innovative & evidence informed model within the Child Protection system. Focused on family preservation, we use a therapeutic whole-family approach to strengthen families and decrease risks to children. The aim of the program is to create sustainable behavioural change, improve connections to social supports & reduce the number of children entering Out of Home Care.
As an experienced Social Worker/Psychologist, you may be a Practitioner, Family Therapist, Case Manager or Interventionist as well as having:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with families & engaging multiple stakeholders in a child protection context
- Experience undertaking & reporting on comprehensive assessments
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
- A child/family focus with a positive mindset & an engaging, empathic manner
- Ability to work autonomously with families with complex needs & where various psychosocial issues are present
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieving lasting change
- An interest and/or experience in male inclusive practice
- Capacity to engage with people from all backgrounds & walks of life
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- Child Related Employment checks
Some of the benefits we offer:
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & the option to purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
- Access to ongoing training & development
Full time role available in Hurstville
For over 200 years The Benevolent Society has been a force of positive social change for our fellow Australians. We are proudly supporting the most vulnerable members of society and speaking up for those who don't have a voice.
Apply online today!
Call Gemma Durham on 0403 099 418 to discuss this opportunity in more detail!
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people strongly encouraged.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).