Our Communities for Children in Wyong funds a range of programs designed to meet the needs of the local community so children 0-12 yrs old and families, with a focus on Aboriginal children and their family can live their best life.
Terms: The following roles available at Kanwal Community Centre
- 1 Maximum term 12 month contract full time role
- 1 Permanent part time (3 day per week) permanent role
About this role
As a Community Development Worker you will facilitate partnerships, networks and develop activities that meet the needs of the children and families. You will
- Undertake meaningful and effective consultation to inform service delivery and sector development
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies which enhance community engagement and capacity
- Plan and manage the EOI – Expression of Interest using a robost methodology
- Monitor and evaluate community partners including conducting service visits
- Plan and manage events and activities in collaboration with other agencies
Some of the benefits we offer
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Youth Worker, Community Development Worker or Case Worker you will have
- Experience in running a Community Centre/ Hub or in Community Development
- Capacity to build productive networks and connections in a community setting
- Community engagement experience; identifying service gaps and creating effectively solutions
- Collaborative approach with the ability to work autonomously
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Aboriginal and Torres strait islander people are encouraged to apply!
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Missy Ford on 0418 399 176 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 14 December 2018
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).